Thursday, November 15, 2012

Voices by Linda Maynard



On Kingdom Bloggers we are each looking at a parable that has meaning to us.

I would like to discuss one that relates to a loved one and a little boy fighting for his very life.

Luke 18:1-8
Jesus was telling them a parable about their need to pray continuously and not to be discouraged. He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected people.  In that city there was a widow who kept coming to him, asking, ‘Give me justice in this case against my adversary.’ For a while he refused but finally said to himself, I don’t fear God or respect people, but I will give this widow justice because she keeps bothering me. Otherwise, there will be no end to her coming here and embarrassing me.” The Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. Won’t God provide justice to His chosen people who cry out to Him day and night? Will He be slow to help them? I tell you, He will give them justice quickly. But when the Human One comes, will He find faithfulness on earth?”

My loved one has suffered from Schizophrenia for most of his life. I have agonized over his illness. It has affected not only him, but those who love him.

He is a brilliant. He can fix just about anything. He is artistic. He was a bricklayer. Bricklaying, in and of itself, is an art.

He has been unable to hold down a job for years.

I have struggled, questioning, is his illness from a neurological malformation or is there demonic activity? Today, I hold the opinion that it is a combination .Having done some research; there are opinions, that a developing child in the womb could be exposed to a virus. The other portion, the demonic influence, is something I cannot ignore. . They say that the eyes are the window to the soul. Through his eyes, I saw what I could describe to you as an evil presence. I do not believe he is demon possessed, but I do believe that he is demon harassed.

He once told me while bathing; he positions himself, so that his ears are underwater. He does this, trying to silence the voices he hears. We can look at his reasoning as faulty, but he is a tormented soul. My heart grieved. You’d have to be hardhearted not to grieve as well.

More recently, a dear friend of mine had a terrible tragedy happen to her 4 year old grandson, Robby.

He had an accident, with a log falling on him, trapping him. He reportedly wasn’t breathing for 25 minutes and was in cardiac arrest ,before being brought to the hospital. He has been diagnosed with severe brain damage. BUT, his family is exploring all possibilities of further treatment, and whether, by medical means or an intervention by God, we join his family, believing for total restoration of his brain.  

How does it relate to the parable? 

I believe that the Lord, years ago, “told” me that He was going to heal my loved one. Robby’s family believes for the same.

Perhaps you are saying “ Whoa! Wait a minute!” This woman is talking about demons and hearing God and promises of a healing for these two lives.” I understand that reaction, as I too have discounted such activities, in the past.

Now, these are realities to me. I respect your opinion to discount my beliefs. But the possibility and the hope that is within me, is as real as anything I can think of.

This parable gives me the gumption to continue to be persistent in praying for their restoration… one to full sanity and the other, having a brain restored physically. It is a hope that keeps me continually seeking.

  Oh yes, I falter and sometimes think I have made this entire miracle thing up. But then, a righteous anger rises up in me, saying, “ Enough! Of suffering!”

That is when I can go back to being persistent. Strength and faith arise, even though the evidence of a miracle has not presented itself yet.


Listen to Matthew 7:7 and 7:8


Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

The original language tells us to ask and keep on asking, seek and keep on seeking, knock and keep on knocking.

That’s where the strength to be persistent comes in.

We continue to pray, because we know the Lord has the answer and IS the answer.

God is not deaf, yet we are commanded to pray without ceasing.

Would you join me, in the prayer for these two precious souls?




Let our voices deafen the voices that torment my loved one and the one that mockingly says that Robby cannot be healed.



No comments: