Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jesus Can't Get Here Soon Enough

Blind Girl Raped
Grandpa Rapes 2 year old Grand daughter
Woman Flogged For Not Wearing Socks
Mom Mircowaves Baby
Two Headed Baby Dies
Iowa City Man Kills Family
Rwanda Orphans
Human Trafficking

I don't doubt the existence of God, just like I don't doubt the existence of evil. I don't doubt that God loves and compassionate, just like I don't doubt that mankind is wicked and perverse. It is still difficult for me to comprehend the horror and tragedy of the articles listed above. Perhaps it is because of stories like the ones listed above are why I don't venture much into the news except for sports and politics. Reading these sorts of stories slaps me in the face with the realization of how superficial and self centered I can be.


It is because of the evil in the world is why I most look forward to the return of Jesus.

For He has set a day for judging the world with justice by the Man He has appointed, and He proved to everyone Who this is by raising Him from the dead.
Acts 17.31

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Know what you mean about not even wanting to watch the news, breaks my heart too.

Like you, I'm definitely looking forward to His return.

Joyce said...

I can say Amen to this - It can't be soon enough -
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus -

David said...

Unless we can be effective for the Kingdom, now is good for me.

Darkness is simply the absence of light.

photogr said...

Makes you wonder why God allows this injustice to happen to these people.

Just as slave trading in biblical times happened, the 21st. century slave trade is actually worse than it appears. I would imagine much of this activity goes un reported.

Genocide is the result of a fanatical ideaology going unchecked by the world governing bodies that turn a blind eye to it's activity.

AS Jane V. Mitchel says on HLN, there is a war against women and children in America citing the abductions and murders of children and attacks on women.

Yes Dave, we are in the ending times. Yet there are still some prophesies that have not come to pass before the rapture. What we have seen so far is only the beginning.

The anti Christ has yet to be announced, the two witnesses have yet to appear, The one world governmnet is close at hand, Wars of unimaginable horrors have yet to come, and the plauges as well as the signs from the heavens have yet to appear.

We as believers can hope for the coming of the Lord but our work saving other non believers is still a monumental task that needs to be completed.

We can't turn a blind eye to such atrocities and must strive to seek justice for those that can't speak up and defend their selves. We simply can't stick our heads in the sand any more.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Until our Lord does come or we are taken to Him first by death of these earthly tents, we must continue to go out and do the Great Commission.

I was once visiting with an elderly man from our church who was in the hospital with only a few days to live. He began to ask God to take him home now because he was tired of living with pain. I prayed with my elderly brother in Christ and explained to him that God would take him home in His timeing and to not get impatient. Well, my friend lived for four more days, but during that period of time he was able to be a witness to Jesus. God's blessings. Lloyd

Tony C said...

Amen brother...amen.