Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nobody Answered When I Called Your Name by Linda Maynard



I will never leave you or forsake you …Hebrews 13:5

I am not sure when I first heard about this, but someone asked me what my Life Scripture was. She explained that it was a personal “go to” scripture, which the Lord quickens to your spirit. She also said that throughout her life, her particular scripture was used, time after time to bring her comfort and reassurance from the Lord.

I wanted everything that God wanted to give me, so I prayed and asked the Lord for my Life Scripture.

The above Scripture was what came to mind. 30 plus years later, I can attest to the fact that the Lord did give me a Rhema Word that has been life giving, time after time after time.

So, this as we are talking this week, about what we had misunderstood about the Lord’s nature, it comes back to this scripture for me.

To tell you the truth, I thought it was a good one,when I got it, but not extraordinary. I could remember, early on seeking the Bible to see if I could find a better one. That was not a bad thing to do, per se, but that is not what the Lord gave me when I first asked.

Did you ever do that? The Lord answers a prayer or a request and you say “Lord, is that what you really meant?” and then proceed to look for something different? Probably most of us have.

I have to admit that there have been many times that I wondered, do I really worry that the Lord is going to leave me? Have I always been fearful about that? It surprised me a little.

We've so often based our perceptions on our Father God’s nature, not only on our earthy father’s nature but on our mother’s as well. Our parents have been joined as one.

That only makes sense, as Adam was created in God’s image. The totality of who God was fully resident in Adam. When Eve was fashioned by God, as she was taken out of Adam, they TOGETHER are the full image of God.

Over the years, I see just how much I needed to know that God would always be with me.

Without going into specific details, I believe I was led to believe that I would be “left behind” by important people in my life. It wasn’t a literal walking away, which sadly happens too often to some children, but it was a sense of love being withdrawn. I felt like, I would be loved and enjoy the presence of people who I looked up to…unless…I was not perfect or if I disappointed them. Then, I would be left alone.

We know words, positive and negative, have tremendous power. I can still feel the sting of being told, when I was very young, after I had done something wrong….” out of all of the children, I least expected this ( bad behavior) from you”

Ouch! That just about crushed me. As young as I was, I interpreted that as a departure. It also seemed so insurmountable to be this good little girl, that I was expected to be.  From that statement, I learned that somehow, I was held to a higher standard than others, at least in this person’s mind.

You know how we have the tendency to be told 999 plus times, we are doing a good job, but there can be that one negative remark that just does us in?

My heart, even now, almost faints at the thought of being left behind by the One I love so dearly

As I write this, I take comfort that God, unequivocally promises me, He is different. He will never ever leave me or forsake me, no matter what. I need to know that deep into the very core of my being. And not just once, but time and time again.

No, because the Lord says...

"Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between you and me and My love for you? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:"

"None of this fazes me because I LOVE YOU! So, be absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between My love for you because of the way that I embrace you and accept you and love you." The  Message …Romans 8:38-39 
( paraphrased)

And in this, the Lord answers my silent cries.




No comments: