Monday, January 28, 2013

Let's just cut to the chase of the matter....by Tony C

Happy Monday! I hope you had a blessed day in worship yesterday, but more importantly, I hope your worship was a blessing to our Father. This week your Kingdom Bloggers are going to write about a passage from the Book of Revelation and what impact that passage has had on each of us.

I have to be honest here. Of the books in the New Testament, Revelation is the one probably most unfamiliar to me. Sure, I've read through and from it a number of times, but the allegorical nature of John's writing really wreaks havoc on my right-brain dominant struggles of analogy.

That's not to mean I'm not versed in many of the passages though.
 
“You are worthy, O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they exist and were created.”
 
This one from 4:11 has come to be a 'go-to' verse in much of my teaching. John really puts things in perspective for that proverbial question that has plagued man since...well...throughout human history-
 
 Why do I exist?
 
 
The answer is quite simple for Christians. We exist because God wanted us to exist. Period. Not only did He create us from sheer will, but He also created a vastly complex dominion for us to dwell. Granted, we mucked that up, yet He decided to let His creation move on to yet another dominion. One that was much less glorious and far less personal than He desired, but a place nonetheless to receive the mercy of another chance.
 
I often wonder how the nonbeliever reconciles the fact of his/her existence. Such people are always to point out the naivety of blind faith and the empowerment found in enlightenment or knowledge. Really? Just exactly how cerebral are you to believe all that we see and know was the happening of random chance over billions of years?  
 
Let me joyfully stick with my belief that I exist because God wanted me to exist. After all...He created biology too.

1 comment:

lin maynard said...

Tony...

Simple

Profound

Simply Profound

Beautiful scripture, isn't it? Sometimes I am just blown away by the Word of God and reading the portion of scripture that you wrote, did just that.

Lord, I stand amazed and in awe of You!

Lin