Thursday, August 2, 2012

There is a Prince and His Name is Peace


I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to
 harm you and have conquered it for you.]
John 16:33 AMP


They offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal wound. They give assurances of peace
when there is no peace.
Jeremiah 6:14 NLT


Being a 60’s child, many of the Beatle’s catchy tunes can still run through my head.

All we are saying, is give peace a chance”

(Written while John Lennon and Yoko Ono stayed in bed for months on end and published risqué’ pictures of themselves doing so.)

 And then the melodic song, written by John “ Imagine” with the ending of the second verse…

“Living a life of peace oo-oo-oo-oo-oo

I mean, what is wrong with these songs? Shouldn’t our sentiments be the same?  Read the lyrics though and you will get a clue.

MAKE PEACE NOT WAR

John, a fellow student from High School, was at the airport, returning, after serving in Viet Nam. A “peaceful” demonstrator spit in his face, calling him a baby killer

No matter what opinion you hold about war…in my books, that was not peace. Or is it, “do it my way or the highway? It is all because of you, baby killer, that we have no peace. I’ll show you what real peace is all about. Oh, and by the way, I can bring peace into the world.”

Sounds like our sinful nature’s thoughts, doesn’t it?  Isn’t that where the antithesis of peace starts? We can talk about an impossible man-made peace, totally ignoring real Peace… the kind only Jesus can give

BUT

There it is again, that ole’ sin nature to deal with. Problem is…whether we acknowledge it or not, our sin nature IS in full operation in all of us even today, i.e. “I can bring peace”. Does this type of thinking sound familiar?

” I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” Isaiah 14:14

So, we can go on singing songs and thinking thoughts that sound so honorable and good and well… peaceful.

“All we are saying is give peace a chance”
living life in peace…oo-oo-oo-oo-oo




But, until peace becomes the PEACE of God, there will be no Peace.

Know Jesus-Know Peace
No Jesus-No Peace


I know, I know, we are sure we have the power to make peace. It is noble to want and to work for peace. We just have to get all men and all nations to cooperate.

But, I hate to burst some bubbles…but Jesus himself said, “I AM THE WAY”(to Life…to lasting Peace).

Until, that truth is accepted and is deep within the hearts of all men, this elusive peace will never happen.

I don’t think He could be any clearer than that.


Note:  The PEACE SIGN, known as the cross of Nero, it mocks the cross of Jesus Christ  Also, known as the “Dead Rune”. It appears on the tombstone of some of Hitler’s SS guards

Linda Maynard

No comments: