Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Proud Poppa

I haven't ever heard the audible voice of God.  I don't get goose bumps, I don't shake and I don't get slain in the Spirit.  I haven't had a conversation with an angel and I haven't had deep of convys with God like Abraham or Moses  but I do know that God and I have some cool conversations.  I can be praying in the Spirit, praising Him, driving a car or a forklift or just be chilling at home when Holy Spirit starts up.  Usually, He leads me in specific prayers for others or just overwhelms me with His Peace and Joy.  All of which is pretty cool.

But what is really, really cool during our 'conversations' is when God brags about His kids to me. I can be driving and I will feel my heart swell with pride as Holy Spirit places someone on my heart and mind. I am so deeply impressed with how strong their Faith is and how they have committed themselves to fighting the good fight. During these times of intimacy with my Lord, I really get the sense that God is such a proud Poppa and so much in love with these people that He can't contain it. He just wants to brag on His kids. It leaves me speechless at the thought of how the Creator of all Life takes the time declare His approval of others.  I mean, God has a lot going on and yet He still takes the time to brag about His kids.  He has bragged about my wife, buds that I have known for years, coworkers and facebook friends from all over the nation. He has exhorted their Faith and perseverance, celebrated their loyalty to Him and His Word and God has humbled me by boasting about how much Joy these people have given Him.  It is amazing to listen to God hyping up His little ones as any other proud parent does.  It is  a really cool privilege to hear God give honor to those who have honored Him with their Faith. 

See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him.
1 John 3.1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may sound corny, but I once heard that God is not a Mad Dad but a Happy Pappy!...Your post just reminded me of that and I don't think I have ever heard of someone experiencing God the way you do...it is priceless!
Linda

David said...

Amen.

And some day we'll see His glory.

Joyce Lighari said...

One time I heard a preacher say that God was smiling at us. I didn't really believe it at the time and then the preacher nailed it. He said some of you think that God is frowning at you. He isn't, He is smiling at You.
I needed to hear that --- and believe it.

Tracy said...

Thanks for this post, it encourages me to remember what a good God we have. Sometimes I'm blown away that God who created the universe chooses to be in relationship with me and that His Holy Spirit actually lives within me.

Tony C said...

Abba Father pour Your blessing all over my friend Dave!

I love it when the Spirit hits you bro...you always share.

~ Jan ~ said...

Thank you Dave, for being an ambassador of God in exhorting the Body of Christ.

So many of us are downtrodden by false guilt, with our worst enemy being ourself. My prayer is that all believers, trusting in the saving grace of our Lord, Jesus, can see themselves as through the eyes of God and that this truth will become more than just head knowledge but experienced with the heart.

"When It's All Been Said And Done"
BY: James A. Cowan

Lord, Your mercy is so great,
That you look beyond my weakness.
And find purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints.

Be blessed,
~Jan~