Everyday God is faithful to give me opportunities to serve Him by serving others.
Everyday is a day of ministry.
I have learned that ministry ain't that hard. Ministry is just doing the golden rule. I believe each one of us has an everyday ministry. I believe there are many that miss out on opportunities to minister because of a self important attitude. I also believe there are many that minister everyday. These are the people that:
- Don't just tell someone to 'call anytime', they make the time to call them anytime.
- Don't just say 'I will pray for you", they pray for them at that moment.
- Don't just make plans to 'get together', they schedule a time to call or meet in person.
- Don't just call to talk, they call to listen. (This is one I need a lot of work at doing!)
- Send a text, an email or call someone and let them know that God placed them on your heart.
- Send a gift card in the mail telling the person God loves them more than the sparrows.
- Offer their skills: help them out with a home project, or type up a resume for them
- Offer their tools, their furniture or their car that is not being used and just collecting dust.
- Offer to hang with their kids so a couple can go out for an evening.
- Offer those in need your time, your convenience and your personal comfort.
- Offer those in need whatever they can in the name of Jesus and when a person accepts the offer, they thank them for doing so.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Philippians 2:3-4 KJV
Get over yourself and put on some humility. Know that you ain't any better than anyone else. Don't just look out for yourself, look out for those around you.
Philippians 2:3-4 TCV*.
*Tevet Caffeinated Version, TCV for short, isn't a complete Bible 'translation' and there will never be a published version unless you compile one. So as the mood strikes me, I will take a verse or two that I have come across and break it down or slang it up and pass it along.