Friday, December 16, 2011

Peace on Earth sounds pretty good Linus...

One of the fondest memories I have from my childhood is the exuberance and joy I felt each year when CBS aired A Charlie Brown Christmas. The show first came on in 1965 and has aired annually since that first broadcast (except now on ABC).

I had the privilege of sitting down with my own family and watching it last night...and I still got goosebumps at this famous monologue:







ABC did a very good job promoting the show this year too. Just when I'm ready to throw in the towel when it comes to any form of media...I get a ray of hope that not all Christian values have been abandoned by the mainstream. At least ABC continues to let Linus tell us what Christmas is really all about...

I pray you find peace this season. The peace that can only be found through Jesus.


Weekly Advent Bible Reading Plan:
Monday, December 12, 2011: John 16:25-33
Tuesday, December 13, 2011: Romans 16:17-20
Wednesday, December 14, 2011: Galatians 5:16-23
Thursday, December 15, 2011: Deuteronomy 28:1-14
Friday, December 16, 2011: Luke 2:8-21

No comments: