Monday, April 19, 2010

What I Want - Desire the Spiritual Gifts

10 years ago I was in Brazil for the first time. It was a three week, whirlwind tour of church after church. I was with a team of four; two Brazilians, myself and a friend who is a Korean. It was an amazing time, and God did amazing things. (HERE is the complete rundown.)

A prophetic minister once called me a reluctant leader.I am very content to take the back seat to anyone, especially if they aremore gifted than I am.I have done lots fo blogs about gifting HERE is on.

This week your Kingdom Bloggers are writing about what it means to be part of the Body of Christ - to be gifted in one area, and work with those gifted in another area.

Our little team was diverse in gifting. Lessak was a seminary trained preacher - and a fiery one at that. Carlos, also a seminary trained minister; very pastoral, and had the gift of evangelism like I have never seen it. He would preach on a street corner, and 50 people would come to the Lord. He had success on cruise ships, tour buses and one-on-one. From the pulpit he get more hands per service that anyone I have ever seen in even the most evangelical of churches.My background is much more about prophetic ministry than anything else, although I have been to cemetery. Hyangnan, she had some seminar training, but her gift was healing.

On November 19, 1999 we were at a meeting at Igreja Evangelica Luz do Mundo in Londrina, BZ.It was strange, but the pastor left the meeting early; another commitment I guess. We just started to pray for people and Nan laid hands on a woman who had a severe car accident nearly a year before and was in wheelchair. She got up and started to walk around that sanctuary - healed! Another woman who was about 60 with leg braces on, received prayer. She took them off and was running about the sanctuary, shouting "Gloria Deus!" For she had been crippled since birth!

What I love about the body of Christ, is that I just have t do my part - to be the gifting or talent that I am . I don't have to bring thousands to Christ like Billy Graham, or preach a sermon like Charles Stanley. What I have to do is see what the Father is doing and do it.

1 Corinthians 14 1 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit 3 But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.

How about you, do you desire the spiritual gifts?

1 comment:

Tony C said...

You bet I do...and you can read about it Friday! lol

Good way to kick off the week. You always set the bar so high for those of us who follow.