Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Gospel of Love According to Kids


The Gospel of Love According to Kids



4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails”….1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a



Love is patient

A little boy saw his elderly neighbor, who had recently lost his wife. The little boy saw the man crying, so he went over and sat on his lap for quite a while.

His mother later asked the little boy what he said to the elderly man.
 The little boy said, “Nothing, I just helped him cry.” 

Love is kind

“Love is when mommy gives daddy the “best” piece of chicken”


Love does not envy

“Love is when my friend had a bigger doll than me and I said,
“I like your doll”


 Love does not boast

Mommy…” You look so cute”…Child…”
 Thanks I like to look cute, but not too cute
 because it gives me a headache”


Love is not proud

“Mommy when we get home, could you smell my feet?”


Love does not dishonor others

Love is like a little old woman and a little old
 man who are still friends, even though they know each other so well.


Love is not self seeking

When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn’t bend down and
paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for heR
 all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too.


Love is not easily angered

Love happens when you want to punch someone
 in the face, but then you turn around and run the other way


Love keeps no record of wrongs

if you want to learn about love better,
 you should start with a friend who you don’t like to play
 with too much, even though they kept cheating
 at the game you were playing


Love does not delight in evil

Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad
but you don’t yell at them because you know that it would hurt them


Love rejoices with the truth

Mommy…” What do you want to eat today?”…Child “Candy”


Love always protects

When mommy makes daddy a cup of coffee,
she always sips it first. She wants to make sure it
 tastes good and isn’t too hot


Love always trusts

When someone loves you, the way they say your
 name is different. You know that your name is safe on their lips


Love always hopes

When you love someone, your eyelashes go up
 and down and little stars come out of you.


Love always perseveres
Love is like an avalanche, where you have to run for your life.


Love never fails

During my recital, I was on stage. I was scared. I looked out at all the people
watching me.Then I saw my daddy waving and smiling.
 He was the only one doing that and I wasn’t scared anymore.

Lord, let us come to you as little children, seeing the world with innocence. In addition , that we would believe Your Love without doubt or analyzing or rejecting or any of the other crazy thing we do to keep Your love at bay.

As our ABBA, I know that would put a big smile on Your face. I could even picture You saying to the angels…” They get it!...They FINALLY get it!”

Linda Maynard

No comments: