Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another Definition of Grace


GRACE:
  • As defined in Websters-a manifestation of favor, esp. by a superior; the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.
  • As defined in Hebrew-subjective (kindness, favor) or objective beauty:-favour, graceious, pleasant, precious, well-favoured.
  • As defined in the Greek-graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life.
  • As defined by Dave Tvedt-unfortunately, it is what I arrogantly withhold or limit to others but I still demand more of from God and others.
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
Romans 12.3

    2 comments:

    Tony C said...

    Amen.

    Any release date on those TCV bibles?

    photogr said...

    I just try to treat others as I would like to be treated. With love, passion, and consideration. I think that is what grace is all about.