Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What's a Road Trip Without a Few Beers

What's a road trip without a few beers, a few tokes or a few lines?  I mean, dudes gotta have something to do on their way to concert or an outta town college, right? 

It really amazes me all the different ways Jesus interceded in my life after I confessed my need for a Savior. His Faithfulness, to my heart's cry as little kid would get me through years of selfishness, stupidity and self destruction. He was Faithful when I wasnt. 2 Timothy 2.13

All the times of driving drunk or stoned, all the times of riding with someone drunk or stoned and all the times getting busted by cops while drunk or stoned.  Even the times when I wasn't buzzed or high and got caught up with the police and I had something illegal on my person, Jesus was Faithful to keep me outta trouble.  There are also those times of deciding to walk, errr, stumble home, no matter how far away from home I was and no matter the weather conditions. It could only have King Jesus that saw me get home safely, because to this day I can't tell you how I did.

 Except for the time when an Iowa State Trooper let me ride in the front seat as he drove me the remaining 35 miles home. After staggering and bumping into each other for a few miles on gravel roads my bud and I finally reached a highway.  I'm not sure which is more miraculous, the fact that Jim convinced me that I needed to leave the fifth of vodka in the broke down truck before beginning the trek home or that he convinced the troopers I was of legal drinking age and I would not puke in the front seat of the car. 

Even when I didn't give a damn about anything except getting my head bad, Jesus was revealing Mercy and Grace back in the day.Even when I only called on His name when I was cursing, He was protecting me from myself.   

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. John 10.28-29

3 comments:

Tony C said...

Amen brother.

Your post took me back to the day too. Before my comment here...I said a pretty lengthy prayer of gratitude.

Great having you share for His glory again Dave.

David-FireAndGrace said...

Love Jesus!

Andrea York said...

Reminds me of Joshua 1:9 (the end), "and I will be with you wherever you go". Jesus is with us, no matter what trouble we get ourselves into. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the group.