Tuesday, September 20, 2011

From Glory to Glory

Wow - hard to believe I've been contributing to this blog for almost two years now - I came on in December of 2008 - my first blog KB blog is here.

It was David who reminded me of how many words have been spoken over my writing a book. I still haven't written it... but that's another story.  However, David believed in what God had spoken long before I did.  He encouraged me to write.  And I have.

A picture David took (stole it from his website) of me praying in Norway.
Unfortunately, he's not in the picture though... good times!

I never thought that of all the people that we went to Norway with in 2002 that David and I would be the ones who remained connected.  I don't know if he is still connected with anyone else from that trip - other than our leader and his wife, I know I'm not connected with anyone.  Even that connection is very superficial - life does move on.

Ahhh, Norway.  What a trip that was - so many things to say, so many memories.  All of them good!  except maybe looking at pickled herring at breakfast.  You'd think I'd be used to that growing up in a Norwegian home.

I'm sad.  I'm really sad that David is moving on.  Oh, I know we'll stay connected.  But somehow, change, even when it is for something good, is something that makes us sad.  God has kept His hand on David - forming, molding him, changing him, and now releasing him into greater things in God.  For that I rejoice with him.

I know you'll miss him too.  I think today of a verse that seems appropriate for those of us carrying on with KB:  being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6 NIV).  God used David (and Tony and David T) to start this good work - He'll complete it... As David moves on to greater things in God, my prayer for him is found in 2 Corinthians 3:18 And David, who with unveiled faces reflects the Lord's glory, continually being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (Paraphrase mine :)


From Glory to Glory David -