Monday, July 18, 2011

And His Train Fills the Temple

I stood there absolutely captivated by the presence of God. It was like being in a swimming pool - the King was in the house and I was just undone. The majesty of the most High gently washed over me and every cell in my body rejoiced!

This week the faithful are simply going to share a worship song with you, and fill you in on why it's meaningful. Enjoy!


I am trained musician, HERE is little more on that story along with a video of yours truly. In my lifetime, have listened to some of the greatest musicians that have ever lived. From the Rolling Stones to Andre Segovia, I have been at so many live performances I can't even begin to count them. I have played worship in Christian circles since 1982. I have even recorded a few with my friend Bob. (You may download 2 of them HERE - Praise to the King and My Heart Adores). Sure, I have written about my favorites Christian tunes HERE, but today I want to share one that changed me. Why? Because true worship has nothing to do with the music! For David, it isn't even about the lyrics, though many minister to my soul; no, it's about the anointing and the glorious presence of God.

In the late 90's I was at a conference here in New England. The worship team was comprised of musicians from around the area. Though Kent Henry was one of the headliners, this night was just a bunch of local guys. As I made my way down the hallway to the auditorium, I heard the chorus, "and his train fills the temple"... captivating. I made my way inside and closed my eyes - I am sort of an odd Christian, I pray with my eyes open and worship with them closed. And there the Lord and I met about my destiny, my future with Him. I can still feel the sense of the fear (reverence) of the Lord - there was no on talking during this song, as lives were being change all over the room. (This is the only reasonably decent version I could find online)

Send me Lord.

I have never been the same.





Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. (You might enjoy the chapter HERE.)

Post a comment about your experience with the Lord, one where you might have been undone.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Yes, the song where God's presence is real, and He speaks to your heart; how can that experience help but be treasured?!

Tony C said...

Great video! I get goosebumps whenever I see a group of people in honest worship of an Awesome God!! I wanted to be there with them...

Joyce Lighari said...

I think I need to re-locate my Brownsville worship stuff... such great stuff. I miss the days of worship with abandon and probably should find a church where I can do that again -- it's time :)

Joyce Lighari said...

Oh but then, I don't need a church do I ;)

Andrea York said...

I've never heard that one; I'm downloading it now and adding it to my worship playlist.