Friday, November 5, 2010

Just because you don't know it doesn't mean I'm not praying.


Prayer is a serious privilege from our Father...

Some of my favorite passages from God's Word are those involving prayer. When Jesus prayed in the garden before his arrest, He left a template for others to follow like no other. Inspiring. Humble. Genuine. All the things we've came to know and love about our Savior.

As I've stated before on Kingdom Bloggers, I take my prayer life very serious. Still learning and growing in some areas of prayer granted, but I now realize that commitment to daily prayer is a tremendous blessing and good way to help keep my own spiritual house in order.


1I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4


Like David Johndrow, I have also been praying for my brother Curtis. I also pray daily for my fellow Kingdom Bloggers, include the one MIA on Wednesdays of late (love you dude). All in all, my desktop list includes anywhere from a dozen to three dozen people at any given time. What a tremendous gift from God to be able to lift up the needs of others to Him! I become overwhelmed with joy whenever I really stop and think about that ability He has granted His children.

There is one in particular that I have prayed for quite some time now. She is strong in her faith and a genuine person, but she struggles with all the same trappings of the other young adults her age...especially relationships. For a number of years, this young lady put more than her fair share of effort into a relationship that most knew was destined to dissolve. But she tried. She struggled. She suffered. My wife and I watched and felt so much pain for her...empathy. We both had been there at one time in our lives before finding each other.

So we have prayed for her. Patience is one of God's toughest lessons, but patience is also a virtue that He so faithfully rewards. I pray God will place a good Christian man in her path. Someone who will put her second only to Him. I know in my heart they will do great things in His name and always deflect all the glory to her Heavenly Father.

But, I also know she wants that fellow now, so I continue to add patience for His will to my prayer for that great dude. Hope she realizes he might be better looking... if she waits on Him too.

No comments: